AGENDA NG KABABAIHAN TUNGO SA KAUNLARAN
The celebration of National Women’s Month is to recognize and emphasize the role of Filipino women in society whether it’s social, economic, cultural, or political throughout history. The Santa Cruz (Laguna) Water District (SCWD) Gender and Development (GAD) Committee conducted a GAD activity in connection with the Women’s Month Celebration last March 2022 with the theme “AGENDA NG KABABAIHAN TUNGO SA KAUNLARAN”.
SCWD Women’s Month Program Objectives
- Inform and engage women as pioneers and beneficiaries of government programs and services to promote citizen-centric governance and make “change” a conscious effort to know, understand, and provide what the citizens needs.
- Create and facilitate platforms to discuss good practices, gaps, challenges, and commitments in pursuing gender and development (GAD) to strengthen the implementation of the Magna Carta of Women.
- Inspire and empower women and girls to be agents of change to contribute to promoting gender equality and the empowerment of all women.
Activities Implemented During Women’s Month Celebration
· Wearing anything “purple” on all Tuesdays of March 2022 to signify support for women’s empowerment and gender equality. (#PurpleTuesdays or #PurpleYourIcon). Below are some of the SCWD personnel who wore purple-colored clothes every Tuesday for the month of March.
· Advertising Women’s Month through displaying the campaign banner in Santa Cruz Water District’s front office (Fig 1.0) and official website.
Fig 1.0 Campaign banner in SCWD front office
· Advertising Women’s Month through displaying the campaign banner in Santa Cruz Water District’s front office and official website.· A program that includes online streaming (Fig 2.0) and inspirational Forum (Fig 2.1) that aims to highlight the gains achieved for women and girls, assess actions towards gender equality, and look forward to steps that must be taken to ensure progress in empowering women by a female representative from the civic sector in Santa Cruz, Laguna.
National Women’s Month Program Poster for March 22, 2022
Fig 2.0 March 22, 2022 of the National Women’s Month Online Streaming
Fig 2.1 March 22, 2022 of the National Women’s Month Open Forum.
· Foot Spa Kit give-aways for citizens (Fig 3.0) and SCWD personnels (Fig 3.1) as a memento of the March 2022 Women’s Month.
Fig 3.0 Foot Spa Kit give-aways to citizens of Sta. Cruz Laguna
Fig 3.1 Santa Cruz Water District’s (SCWD) Personnels
Below are the tarpaulin design (Fig 4.0), T-Shirt (Fig 4.1), and foot spa kit freebies (Fig 4.2) for March 2022 National Women’s Month theme “AGENDA NG KABABAIHAN TUNGO SA KAUNLARAN”.
Fig 4.0 National Women’s Month 2022 Tarpulin Design
Fig 4.1 Advocacy T- Shirt
Fig 4.2 Foot Spa Kit
Upon the end of the National Women’s Month, Santa Cruz (Laguna) Water District will continue to strive for women empowerment by advocating, educating, recognizing, and emphasizing the role of Filipino women in society.